Job Title: External Wholesaler, Platform Sales
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: New York / New Jersey Area
Start Date: Immediate
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, is an independent investment advisor specializing in fixed income, real estate, and equities. We deliver investment solutions tailored to meet the needs of Taft-Hartley funds, foundations and endowments, religious organizations, public entities, corporations, insurance companies, and advisory channel clients.
Our fixed income investment strategies range from short-term to liability-driven investing and high-quality to high yield. Our real estate strategies are derived from our specialized capabilities in acquiring and managing real estate leased to the US General Services Administration (GSA), which houses key federal agencies nationwide. Our equity capabilities are focused on domestic and dollar-denominated international large-capitalization, income-oriented strategies. We offer separately managed accounts, mutual funds, sub-advisory services, and bespoke solutions.
Boyd Watterson is seeking an External Wholesaler / Platform Sales. This position is responsible for driving sales of SMA and Mutual Fund products through the Advisor Channel client base, including the wire houses, regional and independent broker-dealers and registered investment advisors. This position is also responsible to review market trends and issues within the various platforms and to provide market intelligence information to BWAM Marketing, Distribution and Portfolio Management in order to assist in the development of marketing materials and new product development.
Platform Sales Development and Service:
Meet and exceed targeted production goals. Form strong relationships with significant Financial Advisors & RIAs.
- Subject matter expert on all investment solutions and services
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of Boyd Watterson products and their place in each client’s portfolio
- Demonstrate knowledge of Independent RIAs and Broker Dealers proprietary platforms and competition
- Work closely with Head of Advisor Channel to conduct territory analysis and business planning to maximize goals in the territory
- Demonstrate effective territory management, including efficient scheduling, appropriate CRM completion and adherence to travel and expense budgets
- Develop and execute territory sales plans; leverage resources to achieve quarterly and annual sales and activity targets
- Raise assets in our Advisor Channel by contacting and qualifying financial advisors, as well as actively networking with existing clients to identify prospects in the territory
- Work with Internal Consultant to build and manage territory
- Successfully implement the company’s consultative sales process
- Build and maintain strong advisor relationships to achieve asset retention goals
- Bachelor’s degree
- Series 7, 6, 63 or 66 licenses
- CIMA, CFA designations preferred
- Proficient in CRM, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint software programs, as well as Morningstar and Zephyr
- Ability to recognize opportunities and provide outstanding follow-up and service
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong listening and probing skills to aid in identifying opportunities and provide solutions
- Good organizational skills
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates can forward resumes to email@example.com