Job Title: Portfolio Analyst, Fixed Income
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Cleveland, OH
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in fixed income, real estate, and equities. We deliver investment solutions tailored to meet the needs of Taft-Hartley funds, foundations and endowments, religious organizations, public entities, corporations, insurance companies, and advisory channel clients.
Our fixed income investment strategies range from short-term to liability-driven investing and high-quality to high yield. Our real estate strategies are derived from our specialized capabilities in acquiring and managing real estate leased to the US General Services Administration (GSA), which houses key federal agencies nationwide. Our equity capabilities are focused on domestic and dollar-denominated international large-capitalization, income-oriented strategies. We offer separately managed accounts, mutual funds, sub-advisory services, and bespoke solutions.
The Portfolio Analyst is responsible for providing support to the Portfolio Managers of a fixed income mutual fund. This individual will also be responsible for assisting the Portfolio Managers with the daily administration activities associated with the mutual fund, monitoring sectors of the fixed income market, as well as conducting credit research and identifying investments that provide attractive risk-adjusted returns.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide trade execution and administrative support
- Update key marketing materials and compliance related reports
- Monitor certain sectors of the fixed income market and present findings to the team
- Provide quantitative reports that assess relative value
- Monitor/assess developments that impact the company’s existing corporate bond holdings
- Research potential investment ideas and assess the appropriateness of their inclusion in the mutual fund
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance or accounting
- CFA or commitment to completing the CFA program
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Highly motived to learn and develop skill set
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
Interested candidates can forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org