Job Title: Credit Analyst
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Start Date: Immediate
Boyd Watterson is a fast-growing company that focuses on sustaining our collegial culture as it expands. Honesty and integrity are fundamental to our character and relationships. Our managers are dedicated to being available and attentively listening to employees.
Boyd Watterson is seeking a Credit Analyst in an entry level position. This individual will be trained to conduct credit research on investment grade and high yield fixed income corporate bonds. The Credit Analyst needs to be highly motivated and analytical with a passion for investment research. Research will be done in a team setting working with Portfolio Managers and the Credit Team. The Credit Analyst will need to be able to filter and process large amounts of information, including company financial reports, and summarize in a concise fashion.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, is an independent investment advisor specializing in fixed income, real estate, and equities. We deliver investment solutions tailored to meet the needs of Taft-Hartley funds, foundations and endowments, religious organizations, public entities, corporations, insurance companies, and advisory channel clients.
Our fixed income investment strategies range from short-term to liability-driven investing and high-quality to high yield. Our real estate strategies are derived from our specialized capabilities in acquiring and managing real estate leased to the US General Services Administration (GSA), which houses key federal agencies nationwide. Our equity capabilities are focused on domestic and dollar-denominated international large-capitalization, income-oriented strategies. We offer separately managed accounts, mutual funds, sub-advisory services, and bespoke solutions.
- Conduct relative value and fundamental credit analysis in a total return strategy environment
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring of portfolio positions; assess developments that impact the company’s existing corporate bond holdings
- Research new potential investment ideas and assess the appropriateness of their inclusion in portfolios
- Perform general industry coverage in addition to name specific research
- Assist in maintaining the Credit Scoring and Loan Market Screening models
- Monitor certain sectors of the fixed income market and present findings to the team
- Provide quantitative reports that identify relative value
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 1 year or less of relevant work experience
- Foundation in accounting principles
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Developed PC skills including proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software and modeling skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize key information
- Strong analytical, writing and oral communicating skills
- Highly motivated to learn and develop skill set
Boyd Watterson offers a competitive compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.
Interested candidates can forward resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org