Job Title: Portfolio Manager, Municipals
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Cleveland, OH
Start Date: Immediate
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, is an independent investment advisor specializing in fixed income, real estate, and equities. We deliver investment solutions tailored to meet the needs of Taft-Hartley funds, foundations and endowments, religious organizations, public entities, corporations, insurance companies, and advisory channel clients.
Our fixed income investment strategies range from short-term to liability-driven investing and high-quality to high yield. Our real estate strategies are derived from our specialized capabilities in acquiring and managing real estate leased to the US General Services Administration (GSA), which houses key federal agencies nationwide. Our equity capabilities are focused on domestic and dollar-denominated international large-capitalization, income-oriented strategies. We offer separately managed accounts, mutual funds, sub-advisory services, and bespoke solutions.
Boyd Watterson is seeking a municipal bond portfolio manager to join its investment team. This position will require the ability to manage and trade a broad array of municipal fixed income investment portfolios. Duties will include the monitoring of portfolio positions relative to client guidelines and adjusting portfolios for cash flows, including client contributions and distributions. Other responsibilities will include leading discussions on the municipal sector as well as conducting research.
Candidates experience should include trade implementation, trade execution, portfolio management, investment decision making, credit analysis, relative value assessment, and financial modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics or Finance
- CFA or commitment to completing the CFA program is preferred
- Successful completion of the Series 65 exam is required
- 5-10 years of related investment experience
- Independent worker, self-starter with strong time management skills
- Extremely detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Seeking a team player with opportunities for advancement
Interested candidates can forward resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org