Job Title: Staff Accountant, Corporate
Employer: Boyd Watterson Asset Management
Location: Cleveland, OH
Boyd Watterson is a fast-growing company that focuses on sustaining our collegial culture as it expands. Honesty and integrity are fundamental to our character and relationships. Our managers are dedicated to being available and attentively listening to employees.
Our Corporate Accounting team is looking to hire a full-time Corporate Staff Accountant for our headquarters located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. This employee will report to the Controller in the Cleveland office. They will perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks. The successful candidate will be responsible for keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. This position will also run accounting software programs to process business transactions, including accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, invoices and receipts. This individual should be familiar with all accounting procedures and ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in fixed income, real estate, and equities. We deliver investment solutions tailored to meet the needs of Taft-Hartley funds, foundations and endowments, religious organizations, public entities, corporations, insurance companies, and advisory channel clients.
Our fixed income investment strategies range from short-term to liability-driven investing and high-quality to high yield. Our real estate strategies are derived from our specialized capabilities in acquiring and managing real estate leased to the US General Services Administration (GSA), which houses key federal agencies nationwide. We offer separately managed accounts, mutual funds, sub-advisory services, and bespoke solutions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Prepare and maintain documents and records accurately
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Enter key data of financial transactions in database daily
- Provide aid and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting problems and discrepancies
- Compile reports/summaries
- Provide support for monthly and annual close
- Complete work with accuracy and efficiency
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or in a related field
- Two or more years of finance, accounting or similar experience
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Obligation to maintain confidentiality
- Work productively and meet challenging work goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Boyd Watterson offers a competitive compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays.
Interested candidates can forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org